Last Evening we had a discussion on twitter about a representative of the IOC and his moral compass. So let me explain what 42 pure sports stands for and what is the machine learning technology behind it.
One of the first projects within the field of machine learning should be the establishment of a moral compass for every framework. In different cultures all over the world parents educate their kids and struggle to give them some ethical standards. As software architects we should be able to do the same. That’s why we are working on the digitalization of the culture of a constructive controversy in the first place. We are establishing the rules:
1. A dispute or an argument is an everyday phenomenon.
2. A dispute is something generally permitted.
3. A dispute below a certain level of escalation will be treated differently than those on superior levels.
4. How to dispute is directly linked to inter-subjective integrated rules of fairness.
5. All participants have the same rights, as the right to reschedule a dispute for taking reflective response time.
6. A dispute is not a competition.
7. A perfect dispute ends with a solution and not with a victory of one party over another.
8. After a dispute is settled the relationship between the conflict partners is not damaged.
But there is more behind it than how to argue in the best and most effective way. We have got to implement the basic rules which defines a human being.
1. Be true to your word.
2. Do not take anything personally.
3. Do not make any assumptions.
4. Always give your best.
5. Listen and be critical.
If we are able to reach that goal in time, digitalization can’t be twisted easily against humanity and we are able to use our communication tools in a more trustworthy and effective way. That’s how we are establishing a moral compass within a digital world.